Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Running on Empty

I am not a perfect runner.
Far from it.
But my biggest running demise is FUEL.
 
I don't like stuffing my face full of pasta the night before (I do it anyway).
I don't like eating before a race (nerves).
I CAN'T eat during a race.
 
I must learn how to do all of the above.
 
With marathon training in full force, I have found myself feeling tired all day after my runs.
This makes me nervous about the big day.
Not eating properly will leave me feeling sluggish and beyond exhausted at the end of the race.
I don't want this - I want to feel OK!  Not great (let's be real), but OK!
 
My neighbor is having a "Fuel Party" for our running group on Friday.
Everyone is bringing their favorite fuel for the group to try.
I am bringing my new favorite.
 
Honey Stinger Waffle in Vanilla
 
 
Oh my goodness... these are delicious.
I actually crave them during the week, but make myself wait until Saturday morning so I wont get tired of them.  They come in Vanilla, Honey, Chocolate, Strawberry and Lemon.
I've only tried Vanilla, but it's a winner in my book.
 
They're easy to digest and give me a little boost during my run.
 
They're a little pricey at about $1.50/waffle, but you can save a little by ordering them on Amazon.
I suggest trying them first to make sure you like them.
I've seen them at REI, Dick's, and Harris Teeter.
 
 
Goal
Find something I can eat DURING the race that wont make me nauseous and is easy to chew/digest
 


No comments:

Post a Comment