Monday, July 21, 2014

Chicago Marathon Training: Week 7

I pushed myself a little harder this week.
I added two 4 mile runs during the week instead of all 3s.
I was dreading my long run on Saturday for multiple reasons:
 
a) It was 14 miles
b) My daughter's 2nd birthday was that evening
c) It was 14 miles
d) I was dreading the hills and humidity
e) It was 14 miles
 
So... at 0545, when my alarm went off, I made a game time decision...
TREADMILL
 
It was a great decision too!
I watched two episodes of Ladies of London and was able to enjoy the AC!
Avoiding the hills and humidity really helped my energy for the rest of the day.
I was ready to go!
 
Here's a pic I snapped after my run with my son.
We were sitting on the porch enjoying the beautiful morning.
 
 
This is what my week looked like
 
 
Next weekend is a REST/RECOVERY RUN!  9 miles!  Whoohoo!!!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment