Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Chicago Marathon Training

I am currently training for my 3rd marathon - Chicago!
I've done the PF Changs Rock n Roll Marathon in AZ and the Marine Corps Marathon in DC.
Both times I swore I would NEVER do it again.
And here I am...
 
A lot of this has to do with my running group.  I now have a dedicated group of amazing women (moms) who love to run and motivate each other.  Last year many of them did the Marine Corps Marathon.  I found myself envious and wishing I was there too.  I joined 3 lotteries this year and secretly hoped I wouldn't get picked for any, lol.  I didn't get picked for NYC, but was chosen for both the Marine Corps and Chicago.  I chose Chicago because
a) I've never done it before
b) It's "flat and fast"
c) My husband is a huge Bears fan
d) It's one of the most popular marathons in the world!
 
I want to document my progress this time.  I am more dedicated and have been much more into running than ever before.  And smarter.
I honestly can't even remember timing my runs during previous trainings!
I had no idea what I was doing, lol.
 
So... a little late to the game, but here's a training recap thus far!
 
Week 1
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri - 3 miles
Saturday - 10 miles w/ Christine and Alissa

Week 2
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri - 3 miles
Saturday - 10 miles w/ Christine and Alissa (and then the Greece World Cup game!)
 
Week 3
Mon, Wed, Thurs - 3 miles
Saturday - 9 miles w/ Alissa, Sara and Stephanie & Sunday - 3 miles

Week 4
Tues, Wed, Thurs - 3 miles
Saturday - 10 miles w/ Alissa

Week 5
Mon, Tues, Thurs - 3 miles
Friday - 11 miles w/ Elizabeth & Saturday - 4 miles

Week 6
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri - 3 miles
Saturday - 12 "solo" miles


 
Goals going forward
Increase run distance during the week
Work on fueling during and after

 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment