Monday, August 18, 2014

Chicago Marathon Traing: Week 11

Yay... Week 11 is over!
I was dreading this one... mainly because of the 17 mile run that was haunting my thoughts.
While I started out a little disappointed in myself, I ended feeling on top of the world!
 
My neighbor, Christine, is a runner too.
She is way more into it than I am (tempo runs, etc) so we rarely run together.
It's fun to talk "run stuff" with her though b/c as always, runners like to talk about running...
ALL THE TIME, lol.
 
Anyway, she had to do 8 on Saturday and we agreed to do it together and then I would continue on and finish the last 9 alone.
I was excited to have a friend, but I felt a little uneasy about it.
She wasn't sure of her pace (trying to take it slow) and wanted to start a little later than I had planned.
My daughter woke me up at 0530 and I gave her a little bottle before I put her back down.
Once that happened, I was up.
My stomach was in knots and I was DREADING the run.
I finally got up around 0615 and texted Christine.
I told her I was going to do it solo.
I felt bad, but like ripping a band aid off, I was relieved to get started early.
 
I hit the treadmill at 0640 and purchased the movie "The Other Woman".
What a GREAT idea.... 90 minutes of mindless laughter and smiles.
Then I popped in a 30 minute show.
BOOM - it was done.
17 miles in 2:12:27... sub 8 pace.
 
Here is what my week looked like:
 
Here is my tribute to the 17 miles!
Thank you, Michael for being so cute when I was done.
And thank you funny movie and salted caramel gu for helping me through, lol.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment