Monday, August 11, 2014

Chicago Marathon Traing: Week 10

This week was pretty easy... REST WEEK!
I did 3 miles Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs.
Rest on Friday.
13 miles Saturday morning on the treadmill.
Rest on Sunday.
 
I am actually bummed that I've started running on the treadmill for long runs.
It's not as challenging as I would like it to be.
I dont encounter hills, sun, wind or humidity.
One would say, "what's the problem?"
But that's just it... there isn't a problem... it''s too easy.
 
Goal - To find a semi-flat course that will not kill me.
 
 
This week we also finalized our travel!
I dont know why I am SO excited.
Maybe it has to do with traveling to another state...
Maybe it has to do with doing something I swore I would never do again...
Maybe it has to do with being done 2 weeks before all my friends to the Marine Corps...
Maybe it has to do with being done with it...
Who knows... I just know I'm excited and have butterflies as I type!
 
We are leaving VA on Saturday morning and arriving in Chicago around 2:30.
We will head straight to the Expo and then to our hotel.
The hotel is FREE with Marriott points.  FREE!
How can you beat that?  I dont understand how people dont take advantage of credit cards that offer cash back, rewards, etc.
We are staying until Tuesday so we can do a little sightseeing on Monday.
I will be crippled, but there is plenty of public transportation, lol.
We have reservations at RPM and Ditka's while we are there.
Art wants to eat in Greek Town the night before the race.
RPM is the restaurant owned by Giulana and Bill Rancic - I am MOST excited about this!
Yay!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment