Monday, September 8, 2014

Chicago Marathon Training: Week 14

I can't believe the time is almost here.
Only one month to go!
I am so excited to accomplish this goal and MOVE ON... lol.
This has been exhausting and a little stressful.
My husband has been really supportive, but it's hard to get up at 0530 on a Saturday when your kids sleep until 0830-0900.  When I was almost done with my 19 miles, my husband came down and asked me if he should wake up Juliana... ughhhhh.  I was so jealous of the extra 3 hours of sleep he got.
On top of that, there is no rest time after a run.  And I'm ok with that... it's just hard.
After the 19 on Saturday, I ran upstairs, helped get breakfast started, then showered, then ran down to dress my daughter for her first day of dance (next blog!), took her to dance, went straight from dance to my son's soccer, went out to lunch, came home to relax for a minute, then up to prepare a bunch of food for my husband's poker game (which I was more than happy to do).  It was a successful day to say the least.

I was also able to do more mileage this week... that was exciting too!

Here is my week:

The 19 miler on Saturday was supposed to be 20, but I simply ran out of time, lol!
I'm glad this week is over.  Next week is "rest week" again, but I am doing a half marathon that will require me to wake up around 0500 (or earlier) = no rest, lol.

5 more weeks......

No comments:

Post a Comment