Monday, November 19, 2012

Michael Arthur Lambros - 1st Year

My little prince was born on November 4th, 2010.  He weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces and was 20 inches long.  A quick labor story goes like this... after 9.5 months of being pregnant, I was ready to have the baby.  My pregnancy was a wonderful journey filled with house hunting, designing a home and living at my mom's house while it was being built.  It was the easiest pregnancy ever!  So, after moving into our new home, I was ready for the little one to arrive.  My husband called me at work one afternoon and said "I know we are saving, but tonight we are going out to dinner... and we are going all out."  There were no complaints from this end!  We decided on Carrabas since it was close to the house and chowed down on appetizers, huge meals and a dessert - delicious!  Once we got home, I got a burst of energy.  I excused myself and decided for an hour of pampering... showered, shaved, washed and blow dried my hair, painted my finger and toe nails and gave myself a facial.  Ahhhh... it felt SO GOOD!  Afterwards I went downstairs to watch a little tv and then we went to bed.  At this point I was exhausted so I rolled over around 9:30p and BAM!  My water broke!  LOL!  I said "I think... no... I KNOW my water just broke!"  We called my mom and best friend and were at the hospital in 30 minutes.  I labored for about 8 hours until I just couldn't take it anymore.  I was hoping for natural, but I hadn't prepared and wasn't really focused.  When the doctor told me I was 7 1/2 cm, I was like "no way... I can't do this for another 3 hours."  So the epidural was given and the next couple of hours were nice.  Relaxing and nice.  When it was finally time to push I was ready!  Yay!  My husband was by my side and my mom was in the corner of the room.  My step-dad and best friend were in the waiting room with my husband's dad and sister.  I didn't progress as quickly as they wanted so a nurse who calls herself "the pushinator" walked in the room.  "Honey, do you want to get this baby out or what?"  "Ummm, yes," I replied.  To my husband, "Honey, you ready to help?"  "Ummm, sure," he replied.  The nurse proceeded to lead him in front of me and show us how we were going to hold hands and play tug of war.  I'll stop with the details at this point.  About 20 minutes later, Michael was born, lol!  It was 8:30am exactly and he was perfect...............

Michael Arthur ~ November 2010-November 2011
 
Newborn

1 Month

2 Month
3 Month

4 Month
5 Month

6 Month
7 Month

8 Month

9 Month

10 Month
11 Month

ONE YEAR OLD!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment