Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Issues

I have issues.  When something bothers me, I shut down.
Five days before my marathon I got really sick... like, I might have chosen death if given the option.
I missed the Chicago Marathon
... the one I won a lottery entry into
... the one I trained for 19 weeks for
... the one I ran TWO 20 milers during training for
... the one I missed SO many weekends with my family for
... the one we were meeting friends at so we could run together
... the one I had plane tickets and a hotel booked for

Depression set in.  I was nauseous and really sad.

Then... a friend called me... "Do the Marine Corps Marathon in two weeks."
"No."
I didn't even want to think about it, let alone run under someone else's name.
No, not for 26.2 miles.  Ain't happening.
Then... another friend called me... "I have a friend in the MCM office.  He will get you in."
"Oh."
"Tara, you've trained for 5 months... you HAVE TO DO IT."

With much stress heavy on my soul, I did it.
But I stopped blogging because I just didn't want to write about it.
I still felt like I missed something.

I'm over it now.
The marathon was hard, but so worth it.  I finished in 4:28:20 and was very happy.
I will blog about it soon.

I miss blogging about my favorite things.

I will start again...



No comments:

Post a Comment